Launch of New Water Supplement
Our client wished to launch a novel water supplement to improve hydration for cats, the first product of its kind in the veterinary market. We provided full support for the launch in a two-phase campaign composed of multiple elements.
First was the ‘seeding the science’ phase, in which we raised awareness of the importance of feline hydration and communicated the research behind the product. Providing this information before launch helped to establish a firm foundation for the product in the veterinary community. We employed several different approaches to give multiple opportunities to reinforce the message:
- Advertorials in key publications
- Emailers to veterinary databases with a goody bag competition
- Press release
- Masterclass for key opinion leaders in the field
- Virtual symposium open to all interested veterinary professionals
After the science communication, we built on the awareness of feline hydration to spread the word about the product benefits. This phase of the campaign included:
- Virtual press launch with goody bags for all attendees
- Press release
- Emailer to client’s internal database
- Ads in key veterinary publications
- Vet Report interview with one of the lead scientists involved in the research
- Podcasts with a senior research scientist and a feline expert
- Blog with a high-profile veterinary writer
In total the campaign was very well received and achieved a wide reach, with an estimated 20 ‘opportunities to see’ for every member of the profession.
If you are looking to spread the word about your new product throughout the veterinary profession, get in touch to find out how we can help you succeed.