Veterinary Woman celebrates International Women’s Day with editorial board and sponsorship
Veterinary Woman, the online platform founded to inspire and support women in the veterinary industry to reach their career potential, is celebrating International Women’s Day – a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women – with the announcement of two headline sponsorships and a new editorial board.
Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Ltd (BIAH) and Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging have both confirmed their top-level sponsorship of Veterinary Woman, and the collaborations will provide ongoing support to develop impactful resources to help women in the veterinary profession to develop confidence, overcome challenges and follow their passions to increase their impact across the veterinary industry.
Commenting on the sponsorships, Jenny Langridge, acting editor of Veterinary Woman, said: “We are delighted to welcome BIAH and Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging as headline sponsors at Veterinary Woman and celebrate their commitment to helping women throughout the profession aspire to achieve more in all aspects of their lives – whether that is better health, improved work life balance, or career development and stepping up to leadership.”
“We would like to thank both companies for their continued backing of our mission to inspire and encourage women in the veterinary industry to be at the forefront of their area of expertise.”
Veterinary Woman has also announced its new editorial board with an impressive panel of representatives from across the veterinary community.
The editorial board members are:
- Janika Parmar BVM BVS MRCVS, veterinary surgeon and representative of the British Veterinary Ethnicity and Diversity Society
- Jo Oakden RVN, veterinary nurse and president of the British Veterinary Nursing Association
- Jo Woods, leadership and development coach, and founder of Shine Coaching
- Kay Watson-Bray, co-founder of the British Veterinary Receptionist Association
- Liz Barton MA VetMB MRCVS, veterinary surgeon and head of communications at VetCT
- Lynne Gaskarth BVSc CertSAM MRCVS, advanced practitioner in small animal medicine and practice director
- Annie Makin, chief customer officer at Hallmarq Veterinary Imaging
- Jemima Mead, Head of Marketing Pet Therapeutics and Vaccines at Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health UK Ltd
In 2022, Veterinary Woman will be exploring themes important to their members such as imposter syndrome, lone worker safety, flexible working and thriving in leadership – and the editorial board has been chosen to aid direction and to maximise its reach on the veterinary community.
Susan McKay, founder of Veterinary Woman, said: “Veterinary Woman was founded to create a place where equality is encouraged, and women could source the information they need to help them reach their potential. To see it grow from what was simply an idea to the successful platform it is today is very exciting.
“As we celebrate International Women’s Day – a chance to champion women’s achievement, raise awareness against bias and take action for equality – we couldn’t be prouder to have the support of our sponsors and the editorial board.
“The combined influence of such inspiring women is powerful. The Veterinary Woman community is actively working to inspire and encourage each other and helping to shape a more inclusive world. Everyone in the profession and related industries is invited to make use of the resources and join the conversation on our website and over on our Facebook page.”
Find other recent news stories here.